Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 113 - Getting Under My Skin

I guess taking anatomy, physiology, and pathology are necessary evils in massage school, but this is really getting to me right now. I don't know if I'm having a 'don't care' attitude about it or if I'm having a hard time soaking in the information due to the pace or simple annoyance in the class.
We had to finish up the lecture on the integument system (skin) and such since we have been behind in the lectures, and then take the quiz. We then learned about bone and what it is.
I want to really learn this stuff, but I think the pace is a little too quick to be really learning it, especially for folks who have - you know - real full-time jobs and have no time to do homework or study.
Also, I have a pet peeve with the "text book." I've mentioned before about how the book has some information in it, but the rest is completed during the lecture.
When I was in elementary school, high school, and college, back when textbooks were chiseled into stone, the information was complete. We took notes based on the lecture, not to complete the textbook.
I guess it's done a little differently.
On another note, at my J-O-B, there is not a lot of actual work to be done and that's making me a little antsy because they just sent one of my fellow data entry co-workers to the Gaithersburg office for a project there. I'm hoping to find enough work to keep me busy so they don't decide to send me to G'burg. I'd love to see my friends in that office, but with my school schedule, it would cause major stress and hardship.
Six more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment