Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 134 - Shiatsu, Please, With Feeling

In our Shiatsu class tonight, we practiced our protocols and reviewed for the final exam next week. Also, we had a visitor, Gina, one of the school staff, who had come around to tell us about the new program the school has: Honor Roll. In order to be eligible, students would have to meet the requirements of at least 97% attendance and at least a 3.7 GPA for that five week session. She even had certificates with her for the students who made Honor Roll during the October term. Several of my classmates got them, but there was not one for me. I thought this was rather strange, being as how I'm always there and I have an overall GPA of 4.0. Oh, have I not bragged about that before? Let me now. I have a 4.0!
I gave her a puzzled look as she was walking out the door and she realized that what I was saying was, "where's mine?" She told the class that if anybody feels they deserve one but didn't get one, come see her. Well, don't you know that on the first break, I went to see her. I don't really care about the Honor Roll, but I do care about principle. The principle that says that I meet the requirements for it, and therefore, I should have gotten one. When she looked at my grades and attendance, she agreed, but apparently, not all of my grades have been turned in for clinic. Yes, we are graded for clinic.
Let's see, the session was mostly for October and early part of November, and it's now a month later. Is that not enough time to turn in grades?
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snarky.
Well, yeah. Maybe I did.
Anyway, long story short: she'll be printing me out a certificate saying that I'm on the Honor Roll.
Now...who will be on the Ornery Roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment