Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 8 - FINAL-ly

On Thursday, I took my first final in massage school, which consisted of two parts: written and practical - or "hands-on". I think I will be taking final exams about every two weeks or so - one for each section.
We had about 10 minutes to review what we had gone over before actually getting the exam. I figure that if I didn't know it by then, I wasn't going to, so I didn't review too much; just a couple key points on which I thought I may have a question.
I received the exam at 7:10. By 7:30, I was in the student break room with many of the other students, not only from my class, but other classes as well. It looked like a cocktail party (minus the cocktails) with everybody standing around chatting. A few in my class were celebrating birthdays, so they had some pizza. I had eaten earlier and wasn't hungry, so I abstained from the delicious smelling pizza.
We had some free time before the practical, so I took the opportunity to go outside and get a bit of fresh air, which I don't seem to get as much of during the week. Maybe once I'm into a regular schedule, I'll be able to settle into a routine of being outside for a little bit.
At about 8:20, we all returned to the other room where the practicals were taking place. They had also finished grading the exams and I found out that I got a 91 on the written part of the test. Yay!! My partner for the evening and I took our practical one right after the other and we both got 100%!
We all got done the practical portion around 9:00, so it was back to the break room and some birthday cake. I chose a slice of pizza over the cake.
A little later - I lost track of time, we met back in the first room to learn how to give face and scalp massages. Our instructor showed us how on one of our classmates, who seemed very content to be a guinea pig. One of the tricks she taught us, too, was how to get the sinuses to release. Very handy thing to know.
After the demonstration, we partnered up and gave and received 10 minute face and scalp massages, which was a very nice ending to the evening's class.
After arriving home, as tired as I was, I was too keyed up to go right to bed, and ended up staying up too late again - until midnight.
I guess my body will re-pattern itself to be able to keep up with this schedule. Until then, I'll be a little bleary-eyed and looking forward to the next cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment