Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Almost Two Months Out

I have been out of the massage therapy program for nearly two months. In that time, I have taken a weekend trip, a week vacation in Orlando, and the national certification exam. I have also submitted my application for the Maryland State juris prudence exam. And now, I am waiting to hear back from their office that I am approved to take the exam.
Until then, I am in the process of really trying to figure out what I want to do in massage. Ultimately, I believe, I want to be a sole proprietor and have my own clients, setting my own hours - even if it's 50 hours a week - it may not be the nine-to-five style that most Americans are accustomed. I am thinking of a name for my business and what exactly I want it to look like. Once I have a couple key elements down, then I'll get a better idea of what my pricing would be for various services. I think in the business world, they call it a "business plan" - and something we even discussed in our Professional Development class many months ago.
Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time with spreadsheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment